What We Do
We help AA groups carry the message to the Deaf alcoholic who still suffers.
- We hire professional sign language interpreters for your meeting and pay those interpreters for their service. We make sure that the interpreters who work for you are skilled, familiar with AA, and committed to anonymity.
- We maintain a list of Deaf members available to speak at or chair your meeting. When you request a Deaf speaker we can also send an interpreter for your meeting.
- We maintain a list of people willing to be sponsors to Deaf alcoholics.
- We keep an up-to-date calendar of interpreted meetings and keep the sober Deaf community informed of changes. The calendar can be found at http://pdacaa.org/meetings.htm.
- We work in cooperation with all AA Access Committees and groups in Oregon/Vancouver to provide up-to-date ASL accessible AA meeting information.
- From time to time we also host special events like Deaf speaker meetings and workshops for hearing people who want to learn sign language.