Purpose: Propose that AAWS/GSO make a plan to begin translating critical AA
literature into American Sign Language.
The literature priority list has been identified from a survey of deaf AA members on Nov 2, 2022.
The priority list includes:
- Big Book personal stories in the upcoming 5th edition.
- P-16 The A.A. Group…Where It All Begins
- P-19 G.S.R. General Service Representative
- AA Service Manual
Agenda proposal supported by group consciences of the following A.A. service entities:
- Area 58 ASL Literature Translation Subcommittee/5 AA ASL Deaf Groups
- Portland Deaf Access Committee (Established in Oregon in 2001)
- Greater Seattle Intergroup Access Committee Chair (WA)
- AA Deaf Intergroup of Central Texas
- District 16 (In Area 58)
- National All Accessibilities Committee (USA/Canada)
- Abigail’s Ghost AA Meeting in District 41 Area 72
- Area 72 Access Committee
- District 41 Area 72
- SENY (Area 49) Southeastern New York (State) approximately 1800 groups